Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Interview with Paula from PinkBow

A while ago I had the pleasure of interviewing Paula from the adorable blog, PinkBow. I always love Paula's posts, her photography is beautiful and she really has a dream closet! Enjoy my interview with her below.


Tell me a little bit about yourself, what you do, and your blog.
Hi, my name is Paula and I write the personal style blog PinkBow (www.pinkbow.net). I have been blogging for over 3 years now and have never tired of this little space I hold on the web. Apart from blogging, I work full-time in an advertising department of a local media company.

 What do you love about living in England?
I actually love the weather… yes, an English person who loves the drab weather! I like definitive seasons and spring and autumn are my favourite months of the year. Also, I like the fact that in the city I live, I am only a short drive to countryside, seaside and mid city – I feel like I have the best of all worlds, depending on my mood! Apart from that, I think British people have a great sense of style – different certainly to French or American style but individual nonetheless.

What are your favorite places to visit in London? (shop, cafes, etc.)
I actually live at the opposite end of the country to London, so for me London is a great city to visit as a tourist. My favourite places to visit are Liberty department store, Selfridges, Anthropologie, Laduree, the huge Topshop in Oxford Street. But also those small individual shops run by independent owners, that you will never find anywhere else.

Who reads your blog?
Such a wide variety of people from around the world visit my blog and leave me sweet comments. I have made many virtual friends this way, it is definitely one of the best things about blogging.

What are your beauty essentials?
 I absolutely must have a lip balm with me at all times, so I have these scattered around my home, office, in handbags etc. I’m currently using Christian Dior’s Crème de Rose but other favourites are Carmex and Smith’s Minted Rose. I cannot do without a bright lipstick and nail enamel – usually in coral or fuschia. And like many others, I have discovered Moroccan Oil hair oil which totally lives up to the hype.

What are your favorite magazines, blogs, books and films for fashion?
I adore bloggers-favourite Lula magazine, Paris Vogue and FrankieI read many blogs some of the big blogs like Elsa Bilgren and Cherry Blossom Girl, but I mostly prefer the smaller blogs like Le Portillon and Junkaholique, there is something much more individual and fresh about these sites. I’m currently working my way through books by Haruki Murakami, although these aren’t particularly fashion-related, I still believe that inspiration can be drawn from many sources and a feel of a book can often inspire a feel in fashion. For films, hands-down, it is the glorious Technicolor films from the 1950’s; and French New Wave cinema such as those films by Jean-Luc Goddard.

Who is your style icon?
My current muse is one of Godard’s leading ladies – Chantal Goya. She is the epitome of cool sixties style.

Who are your favorite designers and photographers?
Always Chanel, Charles Anastase, Isabel Marant, Sonia Rykiel, Orla Kiely, Miu Miu. Tim Walker is the most amazing photographer, his imagination and creativity knows no boundaries!

What is on your Spring fashion wish list?
I’m still searching for the perfect designer dress by one of my most respected designers. Charles Anastase would be my preference but I have yet to find the perfect piece.

What was your favorite SS12 show?
 I loved the Christian Dior Spring show – amazing pastels with a strong coral lip colour. And Chanel of course, every time.

If you could style any celebrity for an event, who would it be?
Audrey Tatou maybe. I don’t think you could go very wrong with her, she is stunning.

What can you see yourself buying from Audrey Grace?
A beautiful candy-coloured vintage prom dress would be top of my list. I would wear it and be transported back to the era of Audrey and Grace.

What does the future look like for you?
Very bright I hope! I’m looking forward very much to the coming year. I’m hoping for new travels and adventures, inspiring places to share on my blog with a few carefully chosen new buys thrown in for good measure! I’m a big believer in finding beauty in the small things in everyday life and dressing up everyday is always high on my priority list – I find clothes and accessories to be a great mood-enhancer.


Thank you Paula! All photographs courtesy of PinkBow. 

2 comments: